Create new project
In this lesson, I will provide steps on Creating new project in Madcap Flare.
After starting the flare application, the first step in using flare is creating new project. In flare, a project is an outer shell that holds and connects all your files.
You may want to see: How to delete a page in Google docs.
Creating New Project
- To create a new project, go to File > New Project, or on the Start page, click New Project.
- On the Start New Project Wizard, on the Enter project name and project folder page, enter the following information:
- Project Name: Enter a unique name for your project.
- Project folder: Enter a location, where you want to store all your files, or click to select a location.
- Language: Select the main language for your project.
- Bind to Source Control: If you want to integrate your project with a source control application, then select this checkbox.
- Click Next.
- On the Select a project template page, select a project template.
Madcap flare provides many factory project templates. These templates are organized into folders based on the output type.
For now, we will use a blank template. Select Empty from the New from template column.
If you want to use any of your previously created projects, select New from existing, and then select the project you want to use as a template.
If you want to import from other authoring tools, select New from import. Madcap flare supports importing the following file types produced by different technical writing tools:
- HTML Help
- Click Next.
- Select a target for your project. A target is your output type. If you want to generate more than one output, you can add multiple targets later.
- Click Finish.